Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Mixing Board Blues

A lot of people around me have been under the weather over the last week including myself. And today when I booted up my studio, my Tascam DM-24 mixing board decided to go into a coma. I love this thing! It's small and it sounds amazing. I recorded Caravans on it and it's run totally solid without any problems for about three years now. It looks like it just needs a tune up. The good people at Tascam really came through for me by having me bring it in tomorrow so they can fix it. Thanks Marsh!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Nov 9 update: All it needed was a new power supply. Since it was at Tascam, they also updated the firmware/operating system, AND I got to meet the new artist rep. So it was a good experience all around! Cool, huh?

No comments: