Monday, January 23, 2006

Awesome Gig! Terry Bozzio, Alex Machacek, Doug Lunn

I spent Saturday night at the Baked Potato in Hollywood watching Terry Bozzio, Alex Machacek and Doug Lunn play some of the coolest and most interesting music I've heard in a long time. I saw them back in May and posted my thoughts and some pics. Alex composed of all the music and it was fantastic!

If you ever get a chance to check these guys out, I highly recommend it. If you've never heard of any of them, check out their web sites. Lovers of music that push the envelope and has nothing to do with the music business (especially Zappa fans), will really love this stuff! Terry is in the top-three list of my favorite all-time drummers. He's at forefront of the few drummers that are evolving the drum set and how it's approached as a musical instrument.

Click pics to enlarge






Video of Terry's drum set
Free video hosting, video codes at www.vidiLife.com

No comments: