Tuesday, March 21, 2006

If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans!

Yesterday marked one one week from the day that I'll be departing Los Angeles to go on tour with Cirque du Soleil. Earlier in the month, I had planned out the projects that I wanted to finish before I left town. A friend of mine once told me, "If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans." God's doing the ol' ROFLMAO while he/she/it watches me scramble to finish up a book of church hymns (I just realized the irony here), help my friend finish the recording of his CD in my studio, compose/record/turn in 4 of the 10 music cues I'm writing for some television shows.

My wife's going to move out of our house within a month of me leaving town, so throw that into the mix too! (She'll be joining me for the 2nd leg of the tour from Aug-Dec in Brazil). I'll be breaking down my entire studio and packing up all my music "stuff." Ugh! Hmmm...Do I have enought to do yet?

I have a gig on Friday night, a wedding on Saturday, and would like to spend at least a little bit of time with my family since I won't be coming home until June, then leaving again from Aug-Dec. Whew!

I think I'll experience some relief when I'm on my way to Montreal to start rehearsals. Here's my schedule for those of you who are curious:

Montreal 3/27 - 4/7
Santiago 4/8 - 4/22
Buenos Aires 4/23 - 6/11
Sao Paulo 8/2 - 10/15
Rio de Janeiro 10/26 - 12/3

And for the even more curious, here are some of the above-mentioned music cues I composed (check out Ricky Z's funky guitar tracks on "Grand Torino") :

"Club Eclipse" 1:17

"Fast Cruiser" 1:52

"Black Light Jungle" 1:17

"Grand Torino" 1:17

No comments: