Sunday, June 18, 2006

African Gig - Beastly Ball

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
No, the sign doesn't say Beastiality Ball. Read it again.

Within a week of coming home after my 2 1/2 month absence, I got called for my fist batch of gigs. My first reaction was, "Cool! I get to play some other music besides the same 15+ tunes I've been playing over the last couple months!" My second thought was, "...and I don't have to wear any makeup to do this gig!" I'll take it!!

It was an African gig for Camaroon singer Dodo Munoko (I didn't know I played African music either!). The Los Angeles Zoo hosts a fundraiser every year called the Beastly Ball to raise money for the zoo and botanical gardens. The tickets were $1000.00 each and the night is jam packed with V.I.Ps, celebrities and lots of plastic surgury, which is what we're known for here in L.A.

Dodo was nice enough to bring some African garb for me to wear because, of course, the dog ate all my African clothing. (click pics to enlarge)

Thanks for the duds Dodo!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Soundcheck
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The gig
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Saw this beautiful peacock and had to take a pic
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

No gig is complete without your token bearded dragon
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Short Video
(Why am I not in the video? Because I'm the one with the camera.)
Free video hosting, video codes at www.vidiLife.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dude! You look totally African with that outfit on! I didn't know it was you!!!