Sunday, May 25, 2008

Dumbest Advertisement of all Time

There's a commercial running on television right now that has to be the most asinine ad campaign of all time (or maybe not since I'm here mentioning it). It's a beer commercial with the tag line "Stay thirsty my friends." Stay thirsty? I can stay thirsty, no problem...by not drinking your piss-water beer.

Photobucket

Here are some more ad campaigns by the same advertising company:


Fidelity Investments: Live in poverty my homies.

Xanax:
Stay anxious you poor bastards.

Church of Christ:
Talk to the devil, he gets lonely too.

Hawaiian Vacations:
Salmon fishing in Alaska doesn't sound half bad right now!

Los Angeles Dog Rescue:
Adopt a cat, they're less of a pain in the ass than dogs.

N.Y. Men's Gay Rights Organization:
Put that thing back in your pants and give women one more chance.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just have to say you really make me laugh, Armen. See you and Susan next month! SYP

Anonymous said...

I googled Fidelity Investments, and for no good reason clicked on Pictures. Needless to say, out of the 216,000 pictures Google started showing, this one stood out.
My brother, Jon Rickly, was in a band called Shadowfax for a while in Columbus, Ohio, but I don't think it was the one that was nominated for a Grammy.
Interesting story. Glad you posted it.