Friday, June 19, 2009

Eric's Guitar Shop

Being a pianist/keyboardist, what do I know about guitars? Not much. But I do know a bit more today than I did a couple days ago. I always wanted to learn to play the guitar, so I bought a brand new black Gibson Melody maker guitar last summer. Why this guitar? Well, it looked cool, it's not real common, it was black, and the price was right. All systems go!

Sittin' like a proud papa

When you bring home a brand new piano, you need to have someone "tweak it out" and make adjustments because it's made of wood, strings and things that stretch and settle over time. I had no idea the same goes for a guitar, even though it's obviously made of wood and strings and things that stretch and settle over time. Ok, I just had my "duh!" moment.

So my my buddy Dean Cortez, who's also a kick-ass bassist, told me "Call Eric, he's a mo-fo and he'll hook you up. He does all my basses now."

I just picked up my guitar from Eric's Guitar Shop. Brent and Eric did their magic to my axe and man this thing feels good! I really liked this guitar before, but now I love it! Thanks guys!


Testing it out in the shop



Brent and me


Me & Eric - Hey, this Gretsch matches my shirt.
Can I take it home?


Eric and Brent...


...are busy dudes!

1 comment:

Jazzdug said...

Eric does all my guitars, and has for about 10 years plus. He's to total rarity in guitar technicians - not only is it done very well, but it's don't WHNE he said it would be, and for EXACTLY as much as he said.He is quite simply - the best.