Saturday, December 16, 2006

Irony

On the flight back from Rio de Janeiro, my wife and I were bumped up to First Class. (Bummer! I hate when that happens.) I'm sitting in my seat reflecting over the last nine months touring and performing in Saltimbanco and all the things that were experienced with this production coming to an end.

The flight attendant comes by my seat and gives me a porable DVD player with 21 movies to choose from. I notice a movie called A Prarie Home Companion, a movie I know nothing about. But I do notice that it was directed by Robert Altman, and I'm a big fan of Robert Altman's!

I pop in the disc and hit the PLAY button, and am amazed that this is a story about what goes on backstage at a radio show that is coming to an end after a long and successful run.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Armen,
thank SO MUCH for sending a message to Alexandre (even when he just read that when he arrived Salvador..)!

I just wanna know what will u do now that Saltimbanco's perfomance finished? And I really hope that on future u can come back to Brazil!!! And your career grow up more and more! :)

ciao,
Larissa