Thursday, April 21, 2005

Vegas Baby!

I just got back yesterday from a short trip to Las Vegas. A short trip to Vegas is always the best way to see this incredibly over-stimulating mecca of decadence. A lengthy stay there could cause your brain to explode from all the lights, colors and noise, and it could also make your wallet shrivel up like that snail on the sidewalk who crawled out of it's shell during the April rains and is baking on the sidewalk under a scorching August sun! But that didn't happen to me (this time). Whew! I've learned to pace myself there. Cranberry-vodka and video poker were my vices of choice, and I did well enough to almost pay for the entire trip.

I went there to meet with people at the NAB convention which could lead to some work composing music. It was a convention for broadcasters (and anyone/anything that had to do with broadcasting be it audio or video) - "The World's Largest Electronic Media Show." There were an extra 200,000 people in town for this thing! It was professionally run with booths that were complete with frozen mai-tai and margarita machines, hula dancers, open bars, and the "nurse" decked out in a hospital-issue miniskirt and high heels as she was handing out brochures for...hmm...funny...I dont' remember the name of the company, but I do know that these people know how to have a good time!

A rough day at the convention:


Meet Jorge, my assigned bodyguard for the trip (nipple rings not shown). My wife's in the backseat feeling pretty safe as you can see:


The view from my room at night (click for larger pic):

5 comments:

Armen said...

I guess they do in Vegas. Her toes were painted bright red too and she was wearing heavy makeup. I've never seen a nurse like that. I thought my appendix was going to explode and asked Susan to take me to the E.R. STAT! All I remember after that was waking up in the room with a red handprint emblazoned on my face.

Susan said...

Where does he get this stuff! The nurse was there, sure, in high heels, too ... sort of a nurse your studio bit... but the part about the E.R. and red handprint? Someone please call a doctor!

Anonymous said...

Armen, I'm sure you have a picture of that nurse that you are going to share. Right?

Susan said...

Do you really think I would let him go back and get a picture of that chick! That's way too much competition, baby! Sorry guys... You'll have to leave it to your imagination......

Armen said...

I got smacked just for mentioning it!