Monday, May 23, 2005

What a Move! Whew!

We just moved to a new place and I finally got my studio up and running. A friend of mine told me that he read that sometimes moving could be the most traumatic experience a person can have only second to the death of a loved one. Well, it wasn't THAT hard for us, but it certainly wasn't on my list of 10 Things More Enjoyable Than Being Bit by a Rabid Dingo. I was mainly concerned whether to move my studio to a commercial location, or keep it in my house. I decided to keep it by my side since I've never been without some kind of recording studio since I was a teenager.

It's amazing at the minimal amount of equipment it takes to produce high quality recordings these day. And it can all be done in such a small space. I recorded 99% of Caravans at home.

Workstation portion of my studio:

No comments: