Friday, October 27, 2006

Goodbye Sao Paulo; Hello Rio de Janeiro

I was a bit melancholy leaving Sao Paulo, especially after making so many friends, experiencing the amazing local music scene there, and visiting so many cool places. But change is good and I'm excited to be moving to Rio de Janeiro. We played to sold out crowds for every show during out three months in Sao Paulo, and Saltimbanco has sold out in Rio as of April 2006!

It was a pretty comfortable eight hours bus ride and the landscape outside was picturesque.

(click on photos to enlarge)








We arrived at a lovely hotel in the evening and were greeted by live samba, caipirinhas and lot of smiles! And that's just while we were checking in to the hotel!


It felt so good to breathe in the healing ocean air. I woke up the next day to my wife climbing into the bed to show me pictures she had just taken of our view while I was asleep. It's beautiful...a bit strange in a way but gorgeous because I have the ocean to my right, and the biggest favela in Brazil to the left.



This is a good start to the last leg of this Cirque du Soleil tour!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Armen!! It´s Aruana speaking... It´s so beautifull, "Rio de Janeiro", don´t you think? ENJOY IT!!! I´ll be there with you all, next weekend... Kisses for you and all the cirque...