Thursday, September 29, 2005

Monstrous Fire in Chatsworth

I'm practicing some tunes for the City Beat gig tomorrow night and I start smelling smoke - thick smoke, and it's not my fingers burnin' up the keys. There's a monstrous fire in Chatsworth, CA, about 30 miles from where I live. The smoke has travelled all the way over here and is so thick that it's difficult to breathe outside of our house.

Click here to watch a short video of the Reuters news story.

I found this slideshow and some individual photos:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi -

My doctor says I (and other of her patients) got a chemical burn from the smoke of this fire - and I live in Santa Monica. We had ash on our cars, but odder, we had ash on our pianos, even though the windows were closed! I've been coughing for over a month now - just starting to get better!

Anyone know anything about a chemical plant or source of chemicals which was part of this fire??

Thanks,

privatesurfer2002@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

I read an interesting article on it I would like to share with you...