Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Tom Yum Tylenol

I've been up almost all night...can't sleep...I've got a cough that's been keeping me awake due to a head cold that's been making its way down past my throat and now into my chest. I'm a firm believer in the healing properties of certain foods which made me recall a converstation I had a few years ago. I had a real bad cold and thought some hot and spicy Tom Yum Goong soup would help clear my sinuses and make me feel better.

I head on over to a Thai restaurant and plan on ordering something to take back home. I walk in and have this conversation with the hostess:

Her (with very thick accent): Hello.
Me: Hi, I'd like to order something to go please.
Her: What would you like?
Me: I'd like some Tom Yum Goong and some...(looking over the menu)...umm... I have a real bad cold right now. What would your mom give you when you were feeling like this?
Her: Tylenol. Hahahahaha!

No comments: